Thursday, October 12, 2006

A (special) friend.

What is friendship? Loyalty? Commitment? Or just a word with many syllables? I really cannot define friendship … actually, in my opinion no one can define friendship because it is not a term out of your science book but a deep feeling that can hardly be objectified. So I get an SMS from an old school-friend who tells me how he felt sentimental when he pondered over the times he and I had spent when we were in our tweens. He tells me that he cannot easily forget that time since I was his first true friend … someone who shared the good and bad times with him without flinching or moving away. I told him that even I cannot forget all those memories since without them I won’t be left with an identity. We spent the next half hour sharing silent laughs over our antics that drove the teachers crazy; how we used to be the “jungli jaanwars” of our class; how we used to scare away half a dozen bullies with the bond of friendship we had nurtured to maturity; how we used to stand united in the face of adversity …

Then came the unfortunate reshuffling of the sections and we drifted apart … he went his way and I went mine. I often ponder over what would have happened if we never would have been separated ... what wonder might have taken place ... what personality we might have endorsed ... then again, maybe fate planned it that way ... to make me the person I am today.

That friend's name is Aditya Deorha.

- AG.

3 Comments:

Blogger Däv said...

krpqyeI too have had similar moments in time and contemplated also what my life might have been if I had not crossed paths with someone so special. I miss them dearly and too hope that I had impacted their lives as they did mine.

6:15 PM

 
Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

A so very emotional & a serious post.

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

7:58 AM

 
Blogger Aditya Deorha said...

fuck man! it leaves me wit no words..

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home