Tuesday, September 19, 2006

YAWN!

So the number of squirrels that used to reside in the tree (that lazily leans over my garden) seems to have increased to a modest number, probably due to the mating season (whenever that is for squirrels), because at any instant of time, 2-3 squirrels can be spotted in my garden, either sprawling in the flower pots or nibbling on the minute particles of "food". Although I might not be bold enough to say that this routine of a bunch of squirrels is highly interesting, I can say that it is mildly interesting, atleast to a person (namely, me) who is sitting in one of the garden chairs and with eyes half-closed and a thin smile, is apathetically observing the squirrels going about their duties with a resolute enough to bolster Darwin's theory of natural selection and the survival of the fittest. Sometimes (actually, I did it only one time) I approach the squirrels (with the dexterity and nimbleness only justifiable in a Mission Impossible movie) and try to make some "human contact" with these cute and furry creatures. What happens next is most predictable: the squirrels take a trajectory to the safety of their tree. I once peeked into the hole and saw that there were 4 small rectangular boxes and the poster that said "Home Squirrel Home". Just kidding. What? You actually believed that bed and poster part? Man, you have been watching too much Tom and Jerry, or are you hooked to Stuart Little? ;-)

Anyway, catch you later.

- AG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home