Sunday, August 27, 2006

Impossible? Nawt!


Since it is easier to find a nice and interesting video than brainstorm and write out an entry, I will be posting atleast one video every week. Satisfaction (and entertainment) is gauranteed since you can depend on me to post only the best from my booming stock of time-pass videos (most of which have been courtously ripped off from You Tube). The one you see above is perhaps the only Adidas commercial I have ever felt like watching more than twice. It is just so effingly perfect. If you are watching it without headphones/earphones/speakers, then I would suggest you to GET ONE AND STICK IT IN THE JACK! The sound effects (blade and sword sounds) add a lot of fun to this Ad.

In case you are wondering how I managed to "rip" videos "off" You Tube which only provides the options of viewing and sharing videos, you might want to read what I write henceforth. What I did was to first download the utility "VideoDownloader" for my FireFox Browser (IE User? I cannot help you ... Go ahead and Google), after that I saved the "flv" file of that video onto my hard-disk. Actually, the file I downloaded from You Tube didn't have any sort of an extension, and I had to add the ext. ".flv". After that, I used the software "Super" that let me convert that FLV file to AVI/MPEG. Go ahead, may the ripper be with you.

Next video: Diet Coke + Mentos = A Geyser!

-| AG.

3 Comments:

Blogger Abhishek Nandakumar said...

After looking at the vid: Wow! That's all I can the say.

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Karan said...

One thing I have to say for Adidas' tagline is that it sounds stupid to the extent of being juvenile. As for the ad, it's rather long but pretty innovative.

As for saving YouTube movies to disk, if you happen to be using Safari, just go to the movie page (or even this page showing a YouTube video) and press Command+Option+A to bring up the Activity window. In this, search for your FLV file (usually the only file in MBs instead of KBs, hence easy to spot) and double-click on it to download it.

To view the FLV file on a Mac, get FLV Viewer, a very barebones FLV player. Does VLC play FLV? Excellent question.

12:16 PM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

Juvenile? How very condescending. Innovative? How very apt.

And, no I do not happen to use Safari. As it is, downloading the VideoDownloader addon was the only option I had in FireFox (which happens to be the only browser I use). The developers at VD even gave out links for downloading an FLV Player but since I wanted the freedom of watching the videos on any player (which includes your standard Media Players and my DVD player) I wanted, I didn't think twice while overlooking the prospect of downloading that FLV Player.

From what I already know, VLC plays FLV files.

10:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home