Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I said there will be a post on Robots. I lied.

Car lessons began a few days ago after a week's delay and I finally get to drive around town at 60 Kmph. 4 days into the lessons and I can already drive smoothly without any apprehension about breaking the gear by changing it without pressing the clutch. By now, I have cruised around (in the Learning Car, ofcourse; without the Learner's License, ofcourse) India Gate, Shanti Path, Vasant Vihar, Saket, etc. Let's just say that actually driving a car on road is way off than driving it on a PSP. On a PSP you don't have to worry about getting deported after snuffing up someone. When I asked my driver-teacher about it ("What would happen if I rammed someone's car while learning?"), he distractedly assured me by saying, "Satija will take care of it". Anyway, on the whole it has been a memorable experience and lets hope my father allows me to drive the family cars (1 Indigo, 2 Esteems) soon.

In other news, I bought a Nokia N70 and it was worth every penny spent. For the un-initiated, what makes this mobile really articulate is its twin cameras (one on front, other on the back). Although the front camera isn't very clear still it is useful while taking pictures of yourself; and Nokia programmers have rightly named the behind camera as the "main" camera. Apart from the cameras, the mobile is useful in other ways as well (Yahoo Go!, Mobile Blogging, for instance). The picture and video quality is excellent, and I really mean it: It is excellent. I recently recorded a better part of the Ecuador vs. Costa Rica match (from TV to Mobile) and while watching it on the mobile, it seemed like I was watching it on a camcorder. Perhaps this makes the mobile's worth of Rs. 18,000.

- AG.

8 Comments:

Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Q) Which car you are learning on?
Q) Which car do you actually own?

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

9:37 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

I am learning on an Esteem. I own 3 cars. 2 Esteems and 1 Indigo.

10:40 PM

 
Blogger Abhishek Nandakumar said...

Megapixel camera, right? How effective is it?

And I hope you dont ram your car into anyone else's. We have enough rash driving in the city already. :)

12:18 PM

 
Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Interested in what you & I call "racing"?
I enquired about your car(s) as I wanted to check out if your car's engine is powerful than mine. I could have waved the idea good-bye then.
But now, the final verdict is - Come along. I'm ready.

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

9:30 PM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

Razdan, what exactly are you asking?
Abhishek, it has 2 MegaPixel camera. And it is quite effective.

12:28 AM

 
Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

In simple terms - I'm challenging you torace with me.

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

4:43 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

I would have delightfully said "Bring it on", but I cannot "race" with you due to obvious reasons (for one, I won't be allowed to drive any of the family cars till I get a license, which I will be issued after November when I turn 18; secondly, even if I had been issued a license I wouldn't have been stupid enough to indulge myself into such a rash activity on the roads of Delhi; for third, you are not authorized to legally drive anyway unless you illegaly got a license issued; for fourth, if I run over someone with a license it will be categorzied as an "accident", if I do the same without one it will be categorized as "murder"). So, Razdan, calm down, take it slow, and let the good times roll.

8:11 AM

 
Blogger α Lyrae said...

Wow! It is so great that u have learned driving...and if u r a safe driver then your dad will surely allow u to drive the big cars.
The whole Nokia N series is really very good...they are like easy to handle palmtops..bye!!! Have fun!

1:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home