Wednesday, June 07, 2006

This old, tattered copy.

I recently went to Himachal Pradesh, and to Chandigarh on the way back. The trip was originally supposed to be one of my father's business-car-trips but he decided to pull me and mom in this time, so that we could "enjoy" HP. Himachal sucks. Thats the only conclusion I come upon after spending 1 day in a deserted hotel which sits facing the road which is frequented only by majdoors and juki-jopri wallas. Anyway, the trip wasn't such a waste because we went to Chandigarh on the way back, and as most of you must already be knowing, Chandigarh is a nice place. A nice standard place with a lot of nice girls. Father had some work in sector 17 and while searching this particular sector, I enjoyed myself by inwardly laughing at my driver's pronounciation of "17" as satara. While Dad spent his time at the office, me and mom looked around the shopping area. We went to a nice fast food resteraunt and ordered pizza and burger. After eating, we looked around a bit more and I bought The Godfather from a sidewalk seller. Yes, I am referring to this novel as the "old, tattered copy" which it indeed is. I am just glad that none of its pages are missing for that would have spoiled the fun of reading this intriguing classic. The novel comprises of 9 sections which have been categorized by the author as "Books". It tells the story of Don Vito Corleone and his powerful Italian Mafia Family settled in the New York City. The book is highly interesting and I must advise each and every one of the voracious readers to devour it in peace. I would advise the soft readers to keep off it as some of the incidents in the book are pretty brutal. Sarkar is loosely based on this epic and now that I am in the middle of completing this book, I am looking forward to watching its critically-acclaimed movie version.



A bit about Mission Impossible III:
In sweltering heat, I went to watch the highly anticipated Mission Impossible 3 with my brother. PVR Priya was swarming with teenagers, all lining up to watch M:i:III. I met a lot of my friends from school. The movie was good and sported a Lost theme, which was to be expected of J. J. Abrams, who is the creater of the same. With an enigmatic start, the movie soon rolled into action, with Cruise jumping around either shooting or cutting wires or wearing masks. It is a nice movie and I would recommend any Cruise / M:i fan (or otherwise) to go and watch it.

- AG.

8 Comments:

Blogger α Lyrae said...

Hey!
Looks like you had a lot of fun and also saw some new and different things...and y exactly does HP suck? Only coz of that hotel? Do tell me...

bye!!
have fun!!

10:06 AM

 
Blogger Uma Damle said...

Godfather is one of the greatest books I have ever read.I can't believe you had not read it by now.And yes some of the scenes in the book are pretty violent and the description is all too
real.I actually winced through the scene in which the Godfather gets a couple of young men beaten into pulp.

10:18 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

Maybe my choice of words was not appropriate while summarizing my experience in 2 words. Maybe the place I went to (Baddi) was not very gregarious owing to its industrial nature. I do not intend to sound too dogmatic while describing HP. I apologize if some found it offending. And, by the way, welcome to my periodical, Vega. =)

2:02 AM

 
Blogger Abhishek Nandakumar said...

Oh, I dont think a person writes a blog entry thinking about whether or not some guy on the street gets offended. Describing Himachal Pradesh, there cannot be a word better than "sucks". And Chandigarh is a really well planned city(just came back from there today), where rules are followed religiously and cleanliness is on the highest of their priorities. Baddi looks a lot like Dwarka, a perfect concrete jungle(on Village land).

5:24 AM

 
Blogger α Lyrae said...

Sorry for not taking your words the right way. And where is the MI3 review?? Something about the movie will do...bye!!

have fun!
Vega

7:02 AM

 
Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

MI3 review

1:24 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

M:i:III will be reviewed soon on this Blog. Razdan, why have you linked Banerjee's review?

2:51 AM

 
Blogger Kush said...

you will have to read the book amore than once to b able 2 sit thru the movie n c the movie more than once to realy appreciate it.
the movie's a classic.
its mi fave movie; watch out closely for the acting by marlon brando (plays don corleone) and al pacino (plays michael).
it'll b like nothin u have ever seen.

3:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home