Sunday, May 07, 2006

What. Ever.

With MTNL Broadband set up (after much frustration, cursing and wicked schemes to blow up MTNL headquarters) on the new laptop, I decided to hop around the Internet a bit more than usual, in order to cherish the victory of my structured thinking over the complexities of the ADSL Router. What I did find on my hopping spree was a feedback form from RamjasRKP's Website that said "I really liked this website" and a bunch of other not-so-notable crap which included downloading a (bad quality) trailer. Shifting off the hopping spree, I will lunge into the discussion regarding the Return of the King DVD I rented last night in celebration of successfully sitting for two and a half hours at one of the worst schools the Examination Center for IP Entrance Test. The Test was alright, better than others anyway.

Despite the number of scratches and marks on the back of the DVD, I was able to play it without any irritating flickers or stops. ROTK is a spell-binding movie, to say the least, though I must confess that I didn't feel this way when I went to see it at the theatre a few months back. The absence of crying babies and silly exclamations perhaps added to the unmistakable aura of Peter Jackson's legend. I particularly enjoyed the Rohan-Gondor-Sauron War (surprise, surprise!). The movie is an unforgettable eloquence consisting of twists and turns, Orcs and Men, Nazgûls and giant Eagles.

"A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship ... but it is not this day. This day we fight!"

- Aragorn, son of Arathorn.

-|AG.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shashank Shekhar said...

Yeah, the movie trilogy is really well made. Its nice to watch if you forget the book for a while. Still, I must say I enjoyed the book more.

1:42 AM

 
Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

I've noted a thing about Shashank since the day he got a blog. He comments on other people's blog more often now.

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

4:01 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

Shashank, I enjoyed the movies as much as the books. Tolkien and Jackson are both legendary in their own fields of work.

5:26 AM

 
Blogger Abhishek Nandakumar said...

The movies would never have been good had I not read the LOTR series before seeing them.

Jackson's version of LOTR is good but King Kong was simply too long. To be precise, it was like a bollywood flick. That would probably be the reason it did a good job here.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Uma Damle said...

And to speak nothing of the soundtrack.Ah!Heavenly,awe-inspiring,grand,nectar to the ears...I haven't got enough words to sum it up.Enya is an artist like none other.I read that book again and again after watching the movies with the movie score playing in the background.Bliss...

10:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ayush,i really mean it!
try writing a book!!
you're excellent

7:52 AM

 
Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Ayush has written one, I suppose. Right?

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

2:18 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

Haha. Thank you, dear brother.
Hmmm, I did start writing one a few years back, but it never got past the 2nd chapter. =)

4:29 AM

 
Blogger Shashank Shekhar said...

What was the book about?

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

About a 17 year old computer enthusiast who turns out to be the descendant of the ruler of Eclectielf, a planet googol lightyears away from Earth.
I am still working on the storyline. No plagiarism!

4:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home