Monday, June 26, 2006

The Baby. The Party. And the SAT Score.

Many interesting and blog-able things took place over the week and I must say that it has been perhaps the most blog-able week, what with my cousin having a girl child, me attending a very entertaining rain dance (yes, I actually danced in artificial rain) and the announcement of the notorious SAT scores.

Beginning with the baby, it is a very cute, lively and tiny thing I have ever seen. Once you stand beside her crib, you simply cannot move off without snapping a couple of photos and recording a couple of videos. As of now, she has been named (and rightly so) as "cutie pie" and her actual name is yet to be decided upon. I suggested a couple of, erm, un-common names: Tarini and Himangini (both of whom I know personally, so it wasn't such a brain racking job to comfortably suggest the most unique names from the lot). Her mother and the baby were moved out of the hospital (or should I say "nursing home") yesterday and both are healthy and fine.

Moving on to the Rain Dance (which took place on Saturday at Vasant Vihar Club): it was an event which was decided to be attended at the last minute, when I stepped into the house at 8 pm (after gym) and distractedly suggested to my parents that we can attend the Rain Dance which is supposedly a worth visiting event. So, after a hurried change of clothes we left at 8:30 and found ourselves in the Club. Although I was intially reluctant of dancing under the towering sprays, but when I came back to the "dancing area" after looking around, I saw my parents dancing so I plunged in as well. And it really was refreshing and invigorating. I danced with my mother (my father kept dropping out of the "Rain" to take pictures) for the next hour till a "walk the ramp" segment started in which 7 guys and 7 girls (chosen from the crowd) were made to walk and dance on the ramp in order to compete for a couple of stupid titles. On the whole, it was a memorable event.

Now, the SAT I scores which were announced just yesterday. I got 700/800 in Critical Reading and Math. The National Percentiles being 90% in both, which actually means that I am in the top 10% of all the people who gave SAT. I was expecting way more in Math. Anyway, they are okay for me.

-| AG.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ayush!!

nice to read about your experiences over the week, i know what do you mean about the baby, it is very cute indeed and can hardly wait to see her again..
and i also wish that i woud'nt have to miss that rain dance but the next time it happens we all shall go..
i am very happy to heatr about your sat score,, kudos to you
but remember you need to work even more hard to be among the top of the pops....

see ya soon

12:40 AM

 
Blogger Uma Damle said...

Congrats for the SAT score :-)

Babies are adorable until the time they become Kids. Just wait until your niece learns to walk, run, talk, think and ask questions. You will find her questioning each and every word you speak in her presence.You will have to resort to the "Because I say so" before long ;-)

12:53 PM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

I have had experiences with the kids of my other cousins and they sometimes do tend to become a bit of nuiscance but cutely so.

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home