Saturday, August 05, 2006

Have you ever heard of Davy Jones?

Had I watched Dead Man's Chest in London's IMAX Cinema, I would have been enthralled. Although my mother would have freaked out watching the disgusting and slimy creatures and characters of the film. But, as fate had it, I never got to watch it on the green screen of that IMAX theatre. Instead, I watched it on the non-IMAX gray screen of PVR Priya today with a cousin of mine. The movie experience was great.

For one, the hall was pretty much empty considering the number of days since the movie was released and the number of Bollywood films that were released recently; which means that there were no annoying families or crying babies who would have managed to piss me off no end. For second, the movie itself was great, as you would have infered from what I have written already. The movie is funny, interesting and really well made. You will find yourself tittering at the antics of Johnny Depp and others during the whole film. Davy Jones, although very disgusting looking, has been portrayed as a very powerful character. The CGI effects are especially well directed. The sound effects and music are also impressive.


-| AG.

PS: Remember that baby girl I told you about in one of my earlier posts? Well, she has been named "Nysa" and is getting cuter by the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the movie was really great.

10:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home