Friday, June 30, 2006

It's a Love-Hate Relationship.

With Firefox that is. Although I love Firefox and prefer it over You-Know-What for nearly-infinite reasons still sometimes I feel like kicking Firefox on its behind, an idea that would have surely materialised if Firefox had been a walking-talking personality and not just code that patiently waits to be ordered around by the person sitting at the keyboard. Now, why would I hate Firefox when over 70 million people sing its praise? Well, for some reason Firefox doesn't come (atleast the one I have didn't) preloaded with an eclectic array of plugins that are required to tranquilly display a website and not irritating boxes that innocently tell the user to download that particular plugin. As I am too impatient (perhaps lazy too) to download each and everyone of those plugins, I usually switch over to You-Know-What Ver. 6 that predictably devoids the need to download plugins and displays the website without any ado.

Condoning such trivial issues in Firefox, I would like to share with you one of my more positive experiences with the same. Football fanatic that I am, I usually feel the need to know the scores while I am at my PC. So, I downloaded the Firefox-Google-Joga Fifa World Cup enhancement for my Firefox. This enhancement not only displays the scores in the taskbar but also provides a serene football theme to it. Also, whenever someone gets a Card or some match begins, it pops up a window that proclaims the same. It all happens in real time and accentuates the dynamic nature of Firefox.

-| AG.

2 Comments:

Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Check out the Opera 9.0 And I'm sure, you'll love it.

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

3:26 AM

 
Blogger Abhishek Nandakumar said...

No browser can be as good as Firefox. I dont think you would have any problems with the regular plugins like the SWF control and PDF reader if you've got Macromedia's apps installed. Though you talk about kicking FF, I want to talk about kicking Opera 9 for claiming to be the fastest browser on earth. Even IE works faster than Opera and enhancements if any are just to attract some attention from those who dont care about the actual browsing but everything else but that. Opera has always remained as either unused or uninstalled on my computer. Kicking IE7, nope I wouldn't like to talk about it. I already said it doesn't work as good as FF on Vista.

7:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home