Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blogger and AdWords.

First of all, I would like to give Blogger a swift kick for suddenly ending the redirection to "blogger.com" from the domain "blogspot.com", which means that now I have to specifically go to "blogger.com" whenever I need to access my blog. It might not sound like such a big deal to you, but it is certainly a big deal for someone who has become used to typing "blogspot" and pressing CTRL + Enter whenever he needs to access his account. So, sometimes my dear fingers instinctively follow that routine and my eyes stumble onto this page, which is nothing short of irritating. Now that I have gotten that rubbish out, I get a kind of a sadistic pleasure from watching a lonely Blogger employee (large glasses, neatly-pressed shirt, pens in the shirt pocket) feeling crestfallen after reading that I want to give him a swift kick. *cackles like Mr. Burns*

On a brighter note, I am experiencing the perks of having a close contact with someone who works at Google, in my case: my father's close friend's daughter. And since every Google employee gets a free AdWords account, she has so kindly granted me access to it. The primary use of this account would be promoting my father's company, and since I can make 1 more account, I have even started promoting this blog ... for free! Yes, I know you feel jealous. Go ahead, break a vase. *cackles like Mr. Burns*

When you start coding too much in HTML, you often tend to write a love poem along these line ... Roses are #FF0000. Violets are #EE82EE. All my base are belong to you.

- AG.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abhishek Nandakumar said...

Cool. Doesn't it cost money to promote your blog?

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

That's the whole point. Since the only promotion I will be doing is that Ad (which I have only limited to a couple of keywords for now) and since that Ad won't cost me anything, so yes, no money is involved.

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for explaning the info about Blogger and adwords.

11:25 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Informative post! I really like and appreciate your work, thank you for sharing such a useful information about google Adwords strategies, hear i prefer some more information to build your career in digital marketing by DoDigital

10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home