Wednesday, January 25, 2006

These Past Few Days ... A True Underdog Story.

12th Farewell.

My 12th Farewell was held on 30th January, and it was good, to say the least. Girls in saris, Boys in suits and sherwanis were everywhere, along with the 11th kids in jeans and white shirts. The first few hours were spent watching dances by the 11th girls, singing (blaring, rather) by 11th boys, and funny skits. Then we shook a leg, ate, photographed, joked, and were on our way. In the evening, I went to Priya area with a couple of friends and saw the DPS RKP's Farewell kids in suits and saris, apparently they also had their Farewell that day. On the whole, the day was memorable, and will always stay with me. Now, I am patiently waiting for Star Movies to premiere Dodgeball.


Exams (officially) Over. School (un-officially) Over.

Exams officially (and fortunately) got over yesterday, i.e., 27th January, the same day HBO graciously decided to premiere Spider Man 2; the same day I got my Physics PreBoard Paper back (51/70); the same day I went to see the lightings on the President's House; the same day I discovered that the 515 MB file I was downloading is actually corrupted; the same day the second group of my class was sitting inside stuffy rooms and studying for the Practicals when I was laughing my ass off at their misery; the same day I named my car "Rachel"; and the same day I bought Gone in 60 Seconds on VCD.

Now, after the Exam are over, School is un-officially over for myself and the other 119 cats of Standard 12th. A "Yoo-Hoo!" is surely in order. The Farewell will be held on 30th of this Month at 9:30 am, as the Invitation Card says. Excitement is one of the feelings making itself home in my mind right now, and I can't wait for Monday. A lot of things have to be taken care of before that day, though. I have to watch Wedding Crashers and The Chronicles of Narnia; watch Lost Season 1 again; visit Priya / Basant Lok thrice a day; and in general, just chill out.

Part I

The past few days since I last posted, have been pretty eventful, to say the least. I got through my Chemistry and Physics Practicals by the nose; signed up for the Ramanujan Maths Exam for which my Maths Teacher approached me; contemplated the idea of making a Nicolas Cage Website; found out that there are 2 good songs in HeadBangers' Ball Vol. 2 Disk 2; made an Environmental Project on Global Warming; had my school shirt pocket ripped off as a "Scribbling Day" tradition; saw Simon grill 16 year olds in American Idol 2006; spent time with my 6 year old nephew, who has come to India with his Mom and Dad (a first cousin) from Chicago (he made me watch Shark Tale); had a nice conversation with my girlfriend; and watched Nicolas Cage in a Wacky Negative Role in Face/Off.


2 Comments:

Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

I thought only studies are up in the life of pitiable board candidates.
But after reading this post, I think I was wrong.

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

6:45 AM

 
Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

Studies will always remain the integral part of any candidate. Other than that, Life is supposed to be enjoyed as well.

8:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home