Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Birthday.

Aditya, a dear friend of mine, invited me over to his house to celebrate his 19th birthday; I gladly reciprocated. So, around 1 pm today, I left my house on foot with nothing but my mobile phone and a couple hundred bucks in my wallet. Since the cars were conveniently unavailable, I only had the option of commuting in an "auto". After a 15 minute ride - which turned out to be more bumpy than usual - I paid the driver off and strode towards Aditya's place. Music and laughter greeted my ears as I climbed the stairs and entered the terrace (where the "party" was in-progress). Handshakes and hugs were exchanged as I met Aditya and others. After a while, someone proposed that we give bumps to Aditya (this had already been done the night before and once again that morning); we boys enthusiastically took this opportunity and grabbed him from his hands and feet, swaying him up and down; with some giving him a few innocent kicks in the butt.

This was followed by dancing and we shook our legs to the songs played on Adi's computer; the girls kept sitting, to which I shouted out, "There won't a party without the girls dancing!" Some heeded me and came on the "dance floor", although a few more had to be dragged off the walls and brought forward. Shortly, the cake was cut and Adi's face nicely smeared with the cake's cream. Meanwhile, my driver showed up with the car and I decided to show some of my friends a "burnout" - in which the car remains stationary for a moment and the tires rotate, giving the car a skid and a lot of varooming. That went pretty nicely. Anyway, then we ate food, talked and danced a bit more. As darkness fell and most of the people left, we played a variant of antakshani - we never reached a conclusion, though; all I heard was a dozen people singing incoherently and laughing raucously.

-| AG.

1 Comments:

Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

It seems that you've enough control on your car to show off. How about a race?

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home