Wednesday, January 17, 2007

French lessons.

Remember the French lessons I mentioned a couple of posts ago? Well, they're going well and I'm starting to have fun pronouncing French words and learning how to speak like a French native (a kilometer close to that way of speaking, anyway). Actually, I've had to change my batch since I missed a couple of classes in my earlier batch, due to a cousin's marriage and a trip to Jammu. So now I've gone over the content of the first 3 classes twice, meaning that my those basics have been particularly reinforced in my limbic cells. Also meaning that since I grasped them rather well in my earlier batch, I'm the only student in my second batch who has a rather good grasp on the content of those classes. So, I've picked up something of a reputation among my batch mates because of that. Which means that they often look at me whenever the instructor asks a particularly boggling question in French. I'm often able to answer back but sometimes when even I don't know the answer, all I can say is répétition svp (Repeat please) or je suis désolé (I am sorry). And since most of the people present there don't know the meaning of either of those sentences, they hopefully look back at the instructor (Marc, an African chap) as if I've been able to answer satisfactorily. To this, Marc often smiles and goes back to teaching whatever he asked about.

Tell you what, personally I think that Marc is a lot better than Archana in his approach to teaching. Marc is more of a practical teacher while Archana is more of a theoretical one. Marc often brings with him things that'd make the situation more of how it would be in the real world. For instance, in the last class he brought copies of tickets, boarding passes and passports because we were going to learn about how to speak about them and their exchange. In one class, he also filled 6-7 cups of coffee, tea or water from inlingua's coffee center and brought them with him; as we were going to learn about their French names and the sentences in which they're most commonly used.

Fun, indeed.

-| AG.

1 Comments:

Blogger MeMyself_n_I said...

yes i HAVE updated my blog. :-)

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home