Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Looking back.

While looking through the pictures of my school's nursery class exhibition, I couldn't help but feel nostalgic. The little kids dancing around the class wearing costumes and makeup, and their parents huddled together near the door, passing encouraging smiles to their little ones; all reminded me of the time I used to be that small and when I used to participate in such activities. I remember this one particular time back when I was in nursery and had taken part in some exhibition-related activity -- my parents had been standing along with the other parents near the door and had been giving me a delightful smile as I moved the different parts of my body along with the other kids, carefully following the instructions of the nice looking class teacher and trying to move with the flow of the other kids, most of whom had their eyes on their parents and were trying to - in an inexplicable manner - make them proud.

Now that I look at a picture of a present-day nursery exhibition (particularly at the one in which a group of smiling parents can be seen) and at the mental recollection of my experience, I realize that although all the human entities in that room have been replaced, the basic nature remains the same. There's an inconspicuous female teacher standing in one corner moving her hands and guiding those who seem to have forgotten the steps, kids dressed in traditional and colorful dresses dancing around, a few parents clicking pictures with their expensive looking cameras, and the rest standing with their arms crossed, sporting big smiles.

-| AG.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

u know what buddy....this is the biggest truth of this entire thing we call world....there is nothing like missing your good old golden days.....it's damn narcotic...

3:27 AM

 
Blogger MeMyself_n_I said...

does bring back lots of memories. though i somehow tend to associate school with the later clesses, 8th onwards. somehow school never really featured too highly in my mind before tht. it was just something i couldn't avoid. started enjoying school in the true sense of the word only later.

10:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home