Saturday, February 24, 2007

No, I'm not dead.

Considering that this blog's been kept un-updated for the past many days and that I'm not mentally prepared for its miserable shouts that plead an update, I've decided to write some stuff and keep it alive.

OK, so the tubelight in my room had been acting out for the past couple of weeks. It had stopped radiating its SO&SO Watts of light when it was switched on, thus making me reach up to its cylindrical choke and rotate it clockwise and counterclockwise in its socket ... until the tubelight glimmered up and bathed the room in its white light. You see, this little tinkering around had to be done very carefully and it required the tinkerer to concentrate hard on the task at hand -- at all instants and through all states of mind during those instants. No distractions were allowed. What so ever. And the tinkerer had to pull away the tinkering hand the moment the tubelight glimmered up, because if that release was delayed even by a picosecond, the tubelight wouldn't switch on and would make you keep on going at the rotating thing for a few more painstaking seconds. But, now that the bad part has been replaced with a fresh new one, the tube is working perfectly. Now, I don't need to tinker around with it (unless I wish to do so anyway) to make it work. As I type, I can see that little cylindrical choke sitting in front of the keyboard, with its two yellow electrodes sticking out skyward. Dunno, I'm just gonna toss it in a bin and bid farewell to it for good.

-| AG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home