Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The world's spinning too fast ...

Maybe because I've not slept in the past 15-16 hours or because I'm just freaking out in general, I feel that the Earth is revolving with an angular momentum that's much higher than the usual value. Despite these unusual circumstances, I'm contemplating working a bit more on the web site I've been working on for the past month. And no, I won't disclose it's details on this blog since it's a secret project. Although you can be assured that blogging about it's juicier details will be the first thing I'd do the moment the site's online and working perfectly. Until then, die with curiosity in peace. Right now, I'm dying in anticipation of my college decisions -- they're to come around March-end, something which conveniently lies a good few weeks away. I sometimes end up refreshing my application checklists twice or thrice a day in order to make sure that they didn't post the decisions online in the past couple of hours, which, of course, they hadn't. I guess they really are serious when they politely tell me (through a short sentence at the bottom of the page) that I'll know about whether or not they rejected me by the end of March - a long time from now. But then again, that's how I felt when I sat to give my SAT in June of last year. Now it's already time for the announcement of those dratted admissions decisions.

Anyway, kicking that particular nasty feeling out of my mind, I'd tell you about another nasty feeling that made itself at home in my head. It's of irritation. A hell lot of irritation, actually. Oh, if you are a humanoid carbon unit, then you may stop biting those nails of yours because I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the Windows Update that's eluded me for the past many days, until the point I decided to stop short in the chase with a groan of "Holy Fuck!" This particular update was supposed to alleviate the problem that I encounter while playing Fifa 2002, or so the Microsoft's pathetic web site tells me. The stupid morons have a nice long write up explaining each and every detail of the problem this update fixes in WinXP, the signs to recognize whether this is the problem the user encounters, and a long list of the games this update will make playable in WinXP by fixing this problem; and by the time the person is practically drooling with the success of all the googling around in search of a solution to this issue, he isn't able to find that particular update or patch anywhere on Microsoft's web site. The result being that I'm not able to play that game. So, I installed the Prison of Azkaban game on my computer; a game I completed ages ago, but considering that it's the only game I got that I'd care to play again, I've been playing it for the past couple of days. I've completed most of it.

On a serious note, I'd like to wish good luck to all those who are taking their board exams this month. I hope your hard work will bear fruit. And a belated Holi to all my fellow Indians. My Holi was awesome; I enjoyed a lot -- and I hope that you did too. Some parts of my arms and legs are a light shade of pink, even after all the time spent washing them with soap. Thank goodness that all - or most, anyway - of the color from my face and neck has been washed away. Some remains on my nails and some other places. The white pajamas I wore on that day are so badly bloated that I don't that they'll ever be seeing the light of the day. They now rightfully belong inside the bed with the moth balls. Heh.

-| AG.

1 Comments:

Blogger MeMyself_n_I said...

hmmm....interesting..........
hahahahahahaha. :-p

3:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home